Self-care is an important activity to do for. Taking care of yourself every day leads to a better future.
There is no rocket science needed to understand the importance of self-care, we just need common sense to know why self-care is considered the best remedy to make your life better.
Taking care of yourself mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally to become the better version of yourself, is the simplest line that could define self-care.
We live in a busy schedule and the biggest obstacle that we need to deal with time. When we consider self-care as an option then real problems start and we start to cut time for self-care.
If you have problem with your time schedule, visit our time management guide.
WHO defines the self-care
The World Health Organization define self-care as ‘ the ability of individuals, families, and communities to promote health, prevent disease, maintain health, and to cope with illness and disability with or without the support of a healthcare provider’
This line alone helps you to understand the importance of self-care for an individual. Self-care is not selfish or something you have an option about, it is most essential to live a better life.
To know the importance of self-care, first, we need to understand what are the benefits of self-care.
Benefits of self-care
We all have a busy schedule, and we always try to make our time more productive. We always try to earn more and more but in this criteria, we forget to take care of ourselves.
By the way, we forget, how an hour of self-care could improve our day. Whatever you do as self-care, makes you more strong.
Let’s take a view on the benefits of self-care, this list will give you more reason to take care of yourself.
List of benefits of self-care-
- Taking care of yourself reminds you of the importance of yourself. Self-care helps you to feel good about yourself and basically how you feel about yourself, the world will feel the same.
- Self-care gives you more sense of self-love.
- Engaging in a self-care routine helps you to deal with depression, anxiety, and stress. Self-care helps you to improve concentration, minimize frustration and anger, increase happiness and improve your energy level.
- Self-care helps you to move on from breakups That’s why most of the person join the Gym just after the breakup.
- The more you care about yourself, the more confidence you grow. Maybe the one-hour care of your mind and body gives you more confidence to explore yourself.
- Self-care makes your perspective more positive than ever.
- You could take care of others if you take care of yourself.
- Self-care helps you to maximize your productivity level. According to a study, the person who mediates and workout daily tends to be more active than the person who skips workouts.
- Self-care helps us in the more hardest day when nothing goes positive in life, it is our body that responds positively in our way.
In my perspective, this list is enough to understand the importance of self-care, now we should start to take care of ourselves. Now, I will tell you how? Let’s start self-care.
Why we are not working on ourselves? or how to start self-care routine?
They are some question that you need to ask to yourself, you need to make a to-do list of item to do to take care of yourself. You need to give priority to the self-care routine.
We feel that we don’t have enough time, but this happens when we think that self-care is an option. One hour is just 4% of the day, and if you can’t give 4% to yourself that you should first take a look at your daily schedule. Figure out that your busy in reality or you are just tired from your daily schedule.
By the way, self-care is essential to living life to the fullest. Don’t forget to see the list of best self-care ideas at the end of this article.
Self-care is free. You could begin from home. So, what you are waiting for, self-care is all about you and definitely, it will make your life more beautiful.
Related: Stop procrastination, get up and do efforts for self-care
Dimensions of self-care
According to The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), there is 8 dimension of self-care. We discuss these with some best self-care ideas.
How we express ourselves
The best way to live your life to express yourself, express your good and bad feelings. Do the things that make your mood light. And don’t hesitate, you just have one life.
- Talk to them who make you feel better and change your mood to positive.
- Eliminate the toxicity of your life.
- Laugh more and create more reason for happiness
- Cuddle to hug your favorite person
- Listen to your favorite music with closed eyes
- Play with your pet
How we eat and rest
Physical health-related to how you feel about your body and diet. Take care of your physical health, maybe help you in many aspects of life. Things to do.
- Workout daily
- Eat healthily
- Do Yoga
- Engage in sports
- Remove bad food from the diet
- Take care of your skin and hair
- Drink enough amount of water
How we allocate our resources
Money is the basic need of everyone’s. Things become worse when we don’t care about ours money. Things to do-
- Opening a saving account and saves for your bad days
- Save something for trips, functions, and books.
- Cut your bad expense
- Don’t hesitate to invest in your business plan
How we think
Take care of your mind, makes you smarter than ever. it will also help you improve memory, concentration and grow your decision-making ability. Things to do
- Take care of your feelings
- Get enough sleep
- Read books and articles
- Learning new things
- Give time to your hobby
- Expand your knowledge
- Gain more knowledge
How we treat our career
it belongs to our satisfaction with the work that we do. Occupational self-care is about what career you choose to grow. Things to do
- Choose the career that you love
- Don’t force you to earn if you don’t feel right
- Finding work that doesn’t break your ethics, value, and principle
- Turn your passion into work
- Live a stressfree life at your work
How we connect with others
Social wellness related to how you take care of your relations, how you connect to your colleagues, or how you deal with social anxiety. It will help to care less and explore more. Things to do
- Join your collogues for lunch
- Setting healthy boundaries with them
- Find a travel buddy
- Explore yourself
- Don’t think too much that what people will think about you
How we illuminate our inner truth
Spiritual wellness-related how you take care of your values and ethics and principles of life. Spiritual wellness helps you to find peace of mind, make you more confident, and believe in God. You could take care of yourself spiritually by
- Helping needy one’s
- Take care of Animals
How we harmonize with nature
- Breath in fresh air
- Clean your house
- Feel sunrise and sunset
We have created a daily checklist of self-care-activity for teens.
This is the basic checklist for self-care
Best self-care ideas for teens
May this is the easiest list to start with, but these are something that helps you to grow physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. You could make your life more positive by doing all this stuff daily.
Care for yourself to be the best version. Create a daily program of self-care especially if you are a teen.
- Breath in a clean environment in the morning- 5-10 minute walk on the grass.
- Meditation or prey daily
- Don’t miss a Workout.
- Don’t forget, take a classy bath.
- Brush twice a day.
- Listen to your favorite music or podcast while traveling.
- Reading self-help books or articles in your free time.
- Eat healthy daily.
- Don’t miss a diet.
- Drink plenty of water daily.
- Nourish your skin and hair.
- Save a specific amount daily for your good and bad days.
- Play with kids or your pet.
- Laugh more.
- Talk to your favorite person.
- Give time to your best friend and family.
- A 10-minute walk after dinner with the person that brings a smile to your face.
- Write your day before sleeping.
- Not checking professional emails before sleeping as it may affect your sleep.
- Take proper sleep daily.
At a Glance of the importance of self-care
If there is nothing positive happen in life, you could add some positivity by taking care of yourself. The importance of self-care is very high when you are at your worst. It makes you strong to face any condition.
Make a to-do list of the self-care activity, we will happy if you start doing our basic list first.