To love this world, you first need to love yourself. And When you adopt the concept of self-love, your life changes eventually, you feel that the best relationship that you can have on this planet is with you. To grow your self-love we come up with the 10 best self-love books. With a lot of research, we create the best collection of self-love books for men and women and the best thing is that we summarize the important points of each book. So, don’t miss it.
These self-love books help you to strengthen your relationship with yourself, help you to accept yourself as the way you are, and give a fresh and more self-centric perspective of your life. You need to read these self-love books at least once in your life.
Don’t Miss: 30 ways to love yourself more
Top 10 self-love books book with a quick summary
- Top 10 self-love books book with a quick summary
- 1. The Self-Love Experiment
- 2. You are a Badass
- Quick Summary of the book “You Are a Badass
- 3. What a time to be alone
- 4. The Gifts of Imperfection
- 5. Radical Self-love
- 6. Girl, Stop Apologizing
- Quick Summary of the book Girl, stop Apologizing
- 7. Unfu*k yourself
- 8. The Body is Not an Apology
- 9. Big Magic
- 10. Year of YES
- More self-love books that you should also read
1. The Self-Love Experiment
This masterpiece by Shanon kaiser helps you to understand self-love. The self-love experiment shares 15 principles of self-love that will get you started down the right path in life. This book will lead you to be comfortable with accepting and loving yourself first in order to reach success.
From drug addiction to corporate burnout, the author not only shares her deeply personal stories with passion but also gives you tips on how you can learn to accept yourself just as you are.
Quick Summary of the book “The self-love Experiment by Shanon Kaiser”
In this world, too many people believe that making themselves a priority is an act of selfishness, this book will break all the myths that the world tells you about self-love. You will definitely fall in love with yourself after reading this book.
6 benefits of finding self-love in the book are
- You spend your time more wisely
- It is easier to let go of what no longer serves you
- You have the courage to go after your dreams
- Pleasure becomes more focused
- You feel less guilty in life.
- You no longer validate from others
To know the 15 life-saving principles, you must buy the book, here is a link to the book from Amazon
2. You are a Badass
A book for Awesome life by Jen Sincero will help you to reach your true potential, the major work of this self-love book is to stop procrastination and self-doubting.
This book is the best-suited book for people who need confidence and strength in their self-belief. This book focuses on doing what you love and living a happier and richer life. You are a badass book aim is to identify the behavior that stops you from getting success in life.
Quick Summary of the book “You Are a Badass
Some of the takeaway from the book
- Our subconscious mind contains the blueprint of our lives. And our subconscious mind runs on some unfiltered belief that we made even without knowing the things. Your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors will still be controlled by the beliefs that were adopted by your subconscious mind.
- If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration. Everything in the universe vibrates at a certain frequency, and vibration attracts like vibration if you want to achieve anything in life you need to match the frequency of your goals.
- All of us are connected to this limitless power, and use our energy to do the thing we want the most. Focus on the things which make you feel good and you shall find (attract) that which makes you feel good.
- Self-love is a crucial part of life, and this book gives 7 tips that encourage you to love yourself-
- Appreciate how special you are
- Drown yourself in affirmations
- Do things you love
- Ditch the self-deprecating humor
- Let the love in
- Don’t compare yourself to others
- Forgive yourself
- Procrastination Prevents Perfection
- Fear is for suckers
- The most loved part of the book comes at last “It is silly believing that you can control circumstances better than the universe. You must choose to surrender over resistance:
- Doubt is resistance, and faith is surrender.
- Ridicule is resistance, and believing is surrender.
- Worry is resistance, and joy is surrender.
- Control is resistance, and allowing is surrender.
I highly recommend you buy this book for an awesome and badass life. Here is the link to this book from Amazon
3. What a time to be alone
This book by Chidera Eggerue, revolve around the idea that how being alone is the best thing that ever can happen to you. We can all decide our own fates and this book shows us how we can.
This awesome book helps you to celebrate YOU, decide your self-worth, empower you and be filled with a fresh perspective about yourself. A Powerful book filled with motivation, overflowing with wisdom and life lesson. It also helps you to understand solitude in a different way.
Quick Summary of the book What a time to be alone
When you read the book it seems that this life-saving advice comes from your best friend or family member. Some of the takeaways from the book for a better life are-
- If you ever find yourself in a scenario where your kindness gets you in trouble, redirect that energy to yourself. You need you more than anybody else could ever need you.
- In this book author show you many ways how being alone is not just okay, it is the best thing that ever happened to you
- Whenever you have a choice, choose yourself.
- If you sit around and wait for someone to come to change your life, you will wait your whole life and nothing will happen.
- This book helps you to how to celebrate YOU – decide your self-worth, take time to heal and empower yourself in this messy world.
- Don’t worry about THEM – avoid other people’s demons and realize that everyone is protecting themselves from something – no matter how aggressive their method is.
- Feel the togetherness in the US – sustain and grow healthy relationships and avoid toxicity in your friendships. Own your story. Create your own narrative.
Buy this book from amazon
4. The Gifts of Imperfection
The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are – Brené Brown
The Gift of Imperfection is dedicated to well-being and self-acceptance. This book helps you to love yourself with all your flaws and imperfection. This book helps you to understand your own worth and tells you every time you are more than you think.
Quick Summary of the book: The Gifts of Imperfection
This book starts with a clear message Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.
One of the biggest takeaways from the book is “How much we know and understand ourselves is critically important, but there is something that is even more essential to living a Wholehearted life: loving ourselves.” This book helps you to let go of different things. Take a look at what the book is all about.
- Letting Go of What People Think
- Letting Go of perfectionism
- Letting Go of Numbing and Powerlessness
- Letting Go of Scarcity and Fear of the Dark
- Letting Go of the need for certainty
- Letting Go of Comparison
- Letting Go of Exhaustion as a Status Symbol and Productivity as self-worth
- Letting Go Anxiety as a Lifestyle
- Letting Go of self-doubt
- Letting Go Being cool and Always in Control
This is one of the easiest books to understand, for a new reader, I recommend starting self-love with this book. Buy this book from here.
5. Radical Self-love
Radical Self-love: A Guide to loving yourself and living your dreams by Gala Darling
Radical self-love is the ultimate guide to living the life you dream of. When you love yourself, life is limitless. This book helps you to literally fall in love with yourself. This book helps you to treat every single day as a celebration.
Radical self-love is a book dedicated to women who want to preserve themselves from the shitty world, relationships, jobs or lives. This book will help you to understand the true meaning of self-respect.
Quick Summary of the book: Radical Self-love
Awesome book! Full of great concepts and practical ways to put them into practice. I really like how each chapter is structured with “homework” assignments at the end. The major 5 takeaways for me from the book are
- The way of Self-love: In RADICAL SELF LOVE, you’ll begin to discover exactly what makes you so magnificent, and you’ll uncover a litany of tools and techniques to help you manifest a life that bursts with magic, bliss and adventure.
- Life is limitless: When you love yourself, life is limitless. You can do anything you want.
- Life Goals: Goal-setting is essential for encouraging your self-esteem to flourish. It will make you realize that you have value, purpose, and unique talents to offer.
- Build self-esteem: If you want to build self-esteem, take on challenges, and achieve them to be proud of yourself. In a simple world, Self-esteem required some success under your belt.
- Breakups: Breakups can be a real eye-opener because when they happen, you learn what your ex is really like. Remember, all the energy you invest in them [shitty people] is time you could be spending making yourself happy! Living well is the best revenge!”
Don’t Miss: Get over from breakup? 15 ways to heal.
This book explains to you how starting small takes you to big results. This is one of the must-read self-love books for the women who read this blog post in search of self-love. Buy from here
6. Girl, Stop Apologizing
This inspiring book helps you to stop people from defining your life and live your life for your own dream. There is no shame to make your goal is first priority. and if you make then stop apologizing for it.
In this book, author Rachel Hollis challenges women to go for what they want and believe in themselves without remorse.
Quick Summary of the book Girl, stop Apologizing
This book helps you to overcome everything that holds you back in life. It’s specifically directed to women, though there are a lot of things men can learn too. Here are some takeaways from the book are-
- Women shouldn’t apologize for their desire to be ambitious and do great things.
- Many women still believe their value lies in how good of a wife and mother they will be, causing too many women to stop pursuing what they truly want.
- Stop making excuses for not starting on the path toward achieving your goals.
- Intentionally build the habits, skills, and foundation for your success to see your dreams become reality.
- Stop asking for permission for your dream and ambitions.
- Focus on one goal at a time, the more you spend time on different things the less you have a chance to get desired results.
The best suitable book for women of all ages, it gives exposure to your dream life. Buy this from here
7. Unfu*k yourself
Unfu*k Yourself: Get out of your head and into your life by Gary John Bishop
The straightforward handbook centers on moving self-imposed. This book by Gary John Bishop helps you to break your own belief that you made without filtering. He tells us that, Deep in each of us there is a well of untapped potential.
The Unfuc*k yourself helps you to understand how your mindset is the biggest obstacle between your and your dreams. The straightforward book tells you that You’re the only one standing in the way of getting or doing what you want.
Quick Summary of the book: Unfu*k yourself
Unfu*k yourself helps you to eliminate negative self-energy by reading seven assertions. This book helps you to rewrite your brain into a self-love tool with unique imperfections. 7 assertions to seize the life you want are-
- I am willing
- I am wired to win
- I got this
- I embrace the uncertainty
- I am not my thoughts. I am what I do.
- I am relentless
- I expect nothing and accept everything
This is one of the most straightforward books that I read, give it a try to eliminate the negative energy from you. Buy from here
8. The Body is Not an Apology
The Body Is Not an Apology-by Sonya Renne Taylor
This book helps you to understand how beautiful your body is at this time. This book revolves around getting rid of body shaming. It focuses on self-love in relation to our bodies and spreading it on a global scale.
In this book, Taylor tells readers how to overcome and heal from the mental poison that is body shame. It’s nearly impossible to come away from Taylor’s manifesto without feeling kinder to yourself and more accepting of your body: the good and the “bad” both.
Quick Summary of the book: The body is Not an Apology
The media has made it more difficult for people to love their bodies as they are, they constantly mock people by showing how exactly their bodies should look. They are always told that your body is too bad or too small or too hairy or deciding whether your skin color suit you or not.
Sonya Renne Taylor breaks this thinking in this book, she said that it is better to appreciate your body. Taylor offers a new perspective on how to view your body so that together we can work towards reconstructing society, which celebrates our differences instead of shaming them.
Some more takeaway from the book is-
- Radical self-love is not self-esteem, nor is it self-acceptance
- Self-love is more than acceptance, most of the time you didn’t enjoy the moments when you accept something.
- We need to accept ourselves and others in order to love ourselves more radically.
- Radical love is about accepting and celebrating your own body as well as different bodies
- Judgments are harmful to us. They are usually made by others and we try to live up instead of our own truths.
A perfect buy for the people who want to jump out from the poison of body shaming. Buy it from amazon
9. Big Magic
Big Magic: Creative living beyond fear by Elizabeth Gibert. This book is focused on attitudes, approaches and habits we need in order to live the most creative lives.
Big Magic focuses on self-love through creativity. In this book, Elizabeth Gibert focuses on self-love in the easiest way. In this book of self-love, the author focuses on embracing our curiosity and letting go of needless suffering. She also discusses how to let go of our fears and handle the things we love the most.
Quick Summary of the book Big Magic
This book divides into the 6 parts
- Courage: You need the courage to bring forth the jewels that are hidden within you. Creative living is a path for the brave and not a path for the fearless. This book will help you how to handle your fears.
- Enchantment: This part is about how ideas exist on the planet and are in continuous search of human partners to materialize. She says, “Ideas have no material body, but they do have consciousness, and they most certainly have will”
- Permission: Creative living is doing your own thing and following your own path. So never ask for permission to do anything. Just go make stuff. You also need not have credentials from higher education to prove you have creativity inside you.
- Persistence: A simple rule of life is that whatever you practice, you will improve. Even if you are falling, Staying in-game is more honorable than giving up.
- Trust: Most people love their creativity but at the same time they doubt themselves if creativity doesn’t love them back. This book helps you to gain trust in your abilities again.
- Divinity: This section of the book has a story of a person and how he evolved from a ritual performed in the temple to a modern refined dance performer at resorts.
I suggest adding this book to your bookshelf to live more creative life than ever. Buy it from amazon
10. Year of YES
Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes
The book of Shando Rhimes is the storyteller of her experiences that change her life in a positive way. A year of us is clear as its name, in this book she shares how he achieves greatness by saying We to everything that scares you.
This masterpiece self-love book will show how simply saying yes to every opportunity will change your life. When you open yourself up to love, the universe responds in kind, and you’ll be “standing in the sun” in no time.
Quick Summary of the book: A year to YES
In this book, Rhimes shares her life lesson, how she transformed herself from No to YES. Her debilitating social anxiety and her unhappiness with her weight caused her to say ‘no’ to many amazing opportunities outside of her comfort zone— this book is the storyteller of how she transformed herself.
Five life-saving lessons from the book “Year of YES”
- Say ‘Yes’ to Using Your Voice
- Say ‘Yes’ to Your Weight
- Say ‘Yes’ to Saying ‘No’
- Say ‘Yes’ to Real Friendships
- Say ‘Yes’ to Love
Buy this book from amazon
More self-love books that you should also read
At this time, we feel that these articles are quite longer than we expected them to be, we will add a quick summary of all 20 books in the recent future but at this time we end this article with a summary of only the top 10 self-love books.
Take a look at 10 more books that grow self-love, Make sure to read at least 1 self-love book this month.
- I Heart Me
- Love yourself life depends on it
- How to Stop feeling like Sh*t
- Start where you are
- The Four Agreements
- The subtle art of not giving a Fu*k
- Milk and Honey
- Good vibes, Good life
- Radical Acceptance
Don’t Miss: 30 ways to love yourself
We are happy to hear from you. Comment your favorite self-love book from the list of all 20 books.